we would like to invite you to participate in the creation of the visual content of our conbook. If you’re interested in this challenge and opportunity, check the submission guidelines below.
- The theme of your submission should be the same as the theme of the con (i.e. steampunk) and should be furry- or animal-related. Your submission must be suitable for “general audience” as defined by FA. Submissions promoting any political or religious agenda are not acceptable.
- The size of a conbook page is A5 (approx. 15 × 21 cm), with dark text on light background (warm color, yellow-ochre up to burnt sienna).
- Illustrations that do not cover an entire page should be around A6-sized, landscape-oriented. Resolution should be at least 300 DPI, ideally 600 DPI. If an illustration doesn’t fill its bounding rectangle, the remaining area should be left transparent.
- Full-page illustrations are welcome as well; however, the total number of such illustrations that we can include in the conbook is limited.
- By submitting the illustration, you declare that you are the copyright owner. Submitted illustrations should not have been used in a similar context (illustration of a conbook, publication, magazine, etc.) before. If possible, please do not publish the illustration before the con.
- The submission may be clipped, resized or rotated as needed to position it on a page. The final look of the conbook is determined by the printing technology and the result may differ from the look on a computer display. Your submission may also be rejected, especially if it fails to meet the requirements (e.g. unrelated theme, insufficient resolution, inappropriate content or background, etc.) or if there is not enough space left to include the illustration in the conbook.
- By submitting the illustration, you give ČeSFuR your permission to use it free of charge in both printed and electronic version of the conbook under the conditions outlined above.
Please e-mail your illustrations in PNG format (300–600 DPI) or SVG format (vector images) to firstname.lastname@example.org until June 1, either as an attachment or as a link. Don’t forget to include your nick and optionally also a link to your gallery (FA, DA, etc.) — this information will be included in the list of authors in the conbook.
We’ll be looking forward to your illustrations.